Are you searching for a lawyer for your small business? When hiring an attorney, one important factor you need to consider is their fees. The reason is it avoids instances of you having misunderstandings with them and possibly you receiving a “bill shock” of some sort by the time your legal issue is done.
What you want is a lawyer with the right amount experience in legal matters related to your specific type of business. However, you also want one whose fees are not going to cripple your business, one who communicates effectively and timely, and one who treats you with the respect you deserve.
Keep in mind that no lawyer with an adequate level of expertise in the legal field is cheap. The best way to find an attorney with more “business friendly” fees is by knowing what to do when hiring them. This article gives you 5 ways or things to consider when you are negotiating better attorney fees.
Cheap Is Not Always Good
If you are looking for a lawyer to draft a contract document for example, you need one that understands your type of business, the industry and environment you operate in and how things work there, the type of relationship you have with your suppliers, customers and employees and more. Because if that contract gets breached, chances are that you might possibly go back to the same lawyer to help instigate any legal action you might want to take against another party, and if the initial contract is not water tight, then your case might already be in trouble.
When it comes to lawyers who offer the cheapest fees, then can often tend to be most inexperienced, and consequently not offering you the best possible representation and advice. This is especially true for specific or complicated business problems. For instance, a lawyer who charges you fewer dollars per hour can end up costing you more in the long run. Those who charge more tend to have experience and offer better legal services.
Another way to negotiate for better lawyer fees is to avoid those attorneys that ask for guarantees. For example, your house, mortgage or deed of trust. You should also avoid those who ask you to pledge other assets as fees. That’s in the case you lose your case.
It shows that these lawyers are more interested in getting paid rather than helping you to win cases. Keep in mind that some lawyers earn their living by foreclosing houses and collecting hefty legal fees. The best way is to have the agreement verified by another attorney.
Some lawyers offer to handle your case on a contingency fee. That’s where they only get paid if you win the case. You may think it’s a good deal but it may not. In some cases, you have a real chance of winning.
An example is when you or your property gets injured or damaged by an insured person. If you agree on a contingency fee with your attorney, they may propose to get 35%-40% of the total pay-out. Some lawyers know with a high sense of certainty that they can win the case by making a few calls. Contingency fees are only ideal in hard to win cases, not easy to win.
In most cases, you know that an expensive lawyer has the posh office address, great view and a costly and thick carpet. You may think that this is an indication of an excellent law practice. The downside side is that you could end up paying for this image and not necessarily good attorney services.
You may be running a small business, so before you hire an attorney, consider how complex your problem is. The reason is you may not need a big corporate lawyer to draft you a simple business contract.
Look out for those who tell you they charge standard fees. The reason is attorney fees are negotiable except where the law limits them. When negotiating for better fees, keep in mind that you should base them on their reputation, what other lawyers in New York charge and the type of business problem you have.
When comparing lawyer fees, check the law firm’s online client reviews. You can also ask for their experiences with at least ten previous customers and get in touch with these clients to hear their experiences. That lets you know whether it’s worth paying their fees.
Hiring a business litigation attorney for example, and the fee’s you are liable to pay, should be much easier and cheaper using the above tips. One point to remember is that it’s better to hire an attorney as early as possible. The reason is that waiting until disputes reach courts may leave you liable to pay huge fees.
Make sure you hire those that can advise you correctly whether your business needs to get organised in a corporate way or in a limited liability company way. They should also have the expertise to prepare the paperwork with reasonable fees.
If you need ideas on how to celebrate your birthday with your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend or husband in a creative way without braking a bank, we have some tips that can do just that. Birthdays can be stressful sometime when you do not know how to have fun and save money at once. Well, worry no more there is a wide range of ideas for any kind of couple to have fun. From adrenaline junkies to just quiet and reflexed evenings. All the ideas around globe are compiled here on this article.
Here a some of those ideas that can be done on your birthday.
Watch a romantic movie with your partner.
Be sure to buy some snacks and food that will last the whole day and kick back, and watch romantic movies all day long with loved one.
Listen to your favorite songs and sing along.
Sometimes we get caught up in our everyday routine, working hard forgetting small things that really matter and complete us. Your birthday is one of those days that should remind you why you are working so hard for those you love. I hope you did not forget those lyrics to your favorite song.
Find a cooking book and start cooking.
This is one of the best ways to bond with you partner more as work together on this task, you get reminded that you are a team and start appreciating the values of team work at home.
Take long walks on the park.
Long walks means long talks and thoughts that we don't do anymore because of the tight schedule of working hours and deadlines. This is the perfect opportunity to catch up what you have missed all along.
Have a romantic diner set up.
Cook you favorite meal, get some candle light and invite your partner over for a feast that they will never forget. It is the memories that keep relationships alive and give us hope for a better future.
Play a PlayStation game.
Your partner will let you win. It is your birthday after all believe me.
Visit your nearest amusement park and ride the rides
Get some adrenaline rush take pictures of your experience. Make memories that will last forever memories that are real.
Get engaged on your birthday.
This might sound cheesy but it does work. The point is to make good decisions and show growth with little time you have on earth. Of course not forgetting to get a very unique birthday present for your partner. Here are several birthday gift ideas to juggle your memory
Go out with friends and their partners.
It depends who you are and what kind of friends you have. You might go out clubbing or go to a local restaurant, a road trip options are endless.
Book a romantic inn
Make a reservation for the night in a romantic inn for the two of you. Away from home and everyday routine, is what every couple needs.
Buy His and Hers T-shirts.
Buy his and hers T-shirts and wear them on your birthday. T-shirts must be personalized, it could be anything like "MOM" and "DAD".
Make a costume certificate for your lover.
Be creative and write "The worlds’ best wife" or anything that you can relate to.
Call in on a radio station.
Surprise your lover by calling the radio station and request her favorite song dedicated to her.
Get a trophy for your lover.
Go to the trophy shop there are so many ideas you will come across. Get her a trophy that says "Worlds best lover" or "Champion lover" there is a wide range of ideas.
Spread rose pedals all over the bedroom.
This is a classic. Rose pedals in the bedroom has worked for our grandfathers and it is still a winner, you will never go wrong with it.
Write your lover a love letter or a poem.
This is another classic. And it is one of the cheesy ways to show your love, but it takes the cake.
Go out to see a movie.
If you are not an indoors person you can always go out to see a romantic movie. Do not sleep during the movie your partner will be offended, but when it is your birthday she might let it slip.
Full body massage.
Get a body massage, nothing relaxes and romantic as getting a body massage from your lover. It is natural and cost free.
Get a good wine.
With a good wine on the menu, a good toast will follow completing a good birthday that will give hope for more birthday to come.
Make a worm chocolate cake.
One of the ingredients for good love is hot chocolate, it is a romantic desert.
Take a moon light walk.
Taking a walk in a quiet night is very useful, relaxing and gives an opportunity to talk about things you usually avoid on a busy day.
Take a bath together.
On a normal day you take shower rush to work, come back tired take a bath and sleep. On your birthday take a bubble bath with your lover and bond as much as you can. You need it.
Slow dance to your favorite romantic song.
When was the last time you held your partners hand, looked at her eyes and danced? Probably it has been a while. Take advantage of your birthday and rebuild what might crumble.
Write a list of what you love about your lover.
Knowing why someone loves you can turn you into a better person because now you work on those elements and your weaknesses.
Groom yourself and wear good clothes.
Looking different from your normal person your lover is used to see will ignite the spark again, dare yourself on this one. Go all out.
There are many ideas you can explore when you plan to have a romantic birthday for you or your lover. Make sure it is a memorable one and will grow you and your relationship with your lover.
The decision to add a new member to your family is a huge decision and is not one that should be taken lightly. The fact that it is a puppy, and not a human being does not reduce or take away the importance in any way.
It is easy to walk past a pet shop and fall in love with the first pup you see, but choosing a puppy should be more than loving what you see. It should be about choosing a companion to spend many years with.
What to do before you Choose a Puppy
Before making the life changing choice to adopt a new puppy, you will need to go through a checklist of pointers to make sure that you and your family are in fact ready to take on a new member and the added responsibility that is sure to come with this decision.
Some of these pointers will include:
- Children – If you have children, especially small kids, you need to make sure that they are capable of handling animals appropriately. You will also need to make sure that the pup of your choice is good with kids. Should you choose a breed of dog that tends to be a little aggressive at times, it is best to keep your children out of harm's way.
- Other dogs – If you already have dogs, you need to make sure that they will accept the new member of the family.
- Job – If you have a full time job that demands your attention for many hours a day, it is better to keep the puppy search for when you have more time on your hands as caring for a pup takes a lot of time and effort.
- Vet bills – Ensuring that your pup is healthy will cost a pretty penny at times as veterinary bills can become quite problematic. If you have a female dog, you may choose to spay her, which will also cost a few pennies!
- Breeder vs pet shop – You will need to decide whether you are going to look for your companion at a pet shop or at a dog breeder. Should you choose a dog breeder, you will have more time to evaluate and observe the pups before making your decision.
Observing Before Choosing
If you choose to adopt a puppy from a breeder, you will have the advantage to observe the puppies in the litter before choosing the right pooch for you. There is a wide variety of things to look out for when observing the pups, including:
- Make sure that the puppies in the litter are curious when you arrive to see them. They should be upbeat and at ease with their litter mates. Should a pup shy away from you, you should take caution to rather not choose a pup from this litter as they can become very anti-social as adults.
- Do not buy the largest or smallest puppy in the litter. Try to stay within the average size of the overall litter size.
- Make sure that the breeder you deal with knows what he or she is doing. Breeders should be really passionate about the overall well-being of the puppy, and should know about any dog health problems that the puppy might have, its demeanor of the puppies, and all such critical information.
- Pick up each puppy in the litter. Should the puppy be squeamish, it is a clear sign that he or she does not wish to be cuddled.
- Give the puppy a rub on its ears and paws to watch its reaction.
- Make sure that the puppy is in good health. They should have shiny coats and wet noses as well as good vision.
Taking Your Puppy Home
Taking a puppy away from his mother and fellow doggies may be quite overwhelming on such a small body. As there will be a great deal of excitement and commotion when the new addition arrives, it is best to keep your pup as calm as possible. If you have other dogs, it will take them a while to get used to the new set of paws. If you have kids, they might get over excited and scare the pup.
- Make sure that your new puppy has a spot to call his own. Doing so will bring a sense of security over the pup and may build his confidence in the new environment.
- Make sure that the pup has his own bowl to eat and drink out of. It is best to keep the same brand of dog food the breeder used. You can then gradually introduce him to home-cooked dog food or raw dog foods should you wish to do so.
- As the puppy will not be house trained yet, you need to prepare yourself for the occasional "wet puddle". Make sure that you introduce the option of potty training at a very early age, thus making them more independent.
- Puppies are very curios creatures and can get up to a lot of trouble if you aren't looking. Make sure that the pup has an adult's supervision, preventing any accidents that may result in a time-out for your puppy.
- If is best to stay at home with your puppy for the first few weeks of him coming home. Traveling with your pup may confuse him as to where his home is and could make it difficult for him to adapt to his new surroundings.
- It is beneficial to buy a soft toy for your pup to keep him or her company. Interacting with this toy can help your puppy adjust to his new surroundings as he or she would be used to interacting with the other littermates.